Freedom Super Foods Cacao Powder

Hello again everyone!

I love chocolate. I mean, who doesn't? I also love to bake. I make cakes that look like igloos, truffles, cheesecakes, cookies, brownies, and anything new that looks great! So naturally when I got the opportunity to test out Freedom Super Food's Cacao Powder I was super excited.

When I looked at the information about the powder I was really excited to give it a try. It is organic, raw, and kosher! I usually don't use organic products but I know they are great for you so I was really pumped to give it a try. It is also gluten free so you can use it if you are preparing something for someone with a gluten allergy!


I really love the packaging. It stands and re-seals. I can't tell you how great that is. My sugar and flour are in these sacks that are impossible to seal up after opening so I have to put them in a giant zip lock bag. This bag was convenient to store which is important because even though I love to bake I don't do it as often as I'd like!

This powder can be used for raw recipes in hot chocolate, smoothies, protein shakes, it can be used to make cookies, chocolate bars, and truffles. However I chose to use it for brownies today! I didn't have nannying today so it was the perfect time to give this a try.

I used a brownie recipe from my mom's cookbook that I have been using forever. The recipe called for 6 ounces of the chocolate but once I mixed it in I felt that I needed a little bit more because the batter wasn't chocolatey all the way through. So if I had to give a down side it would be that it was a little bit of a guessing game with how much to put into the batter. However, that is what I love about baking! I like to do things my own way and eye ball it a little bit.

So after I mixed the eggs, flour, sugar, cacao powder, etc. (And I tried some of the batter off the spoon- yum!) I put it in the oven for the 25 minutes that the recipe suggested. After 25 minutes my brownies were no where near done so they got another 15 added to them. I don't know if this was a result of using powder instead of chocolate but it wasn't a big deal!

The brownies were really delicious. I believe they came out as good as using chocolate or any other powder, and it is better for your body! My brownies were sister approved and that is a big deal in this household. Amber knows her brownies! It is her favorite snack- so if she thinks they were good then they must be great!

You can order yours by clicking here! I highly recommend you do so!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

1 comments :

  1. Sounds and looks yummy! I want some brownies now!!

    ReplyDelete