Jammy Jams - Lullabylooza 90's Alternative Goes Lullaby Review


Hello again everyone!

I am super excited to tell you about this awesome CD that I got the chance to review. Let me preface this by saying that I was born in 1993. I absolutely love songs from the 90s. Lately Nick and I have been listening to the Pandora station "Summer hits of the 90s" and I have been obsessed with it this summer.

I got the chance to review a CD that takes some of the best songs from the 90s and turns them into lullabies! How cute is that? 

Lullabylooza has 10 songs that will help get your little one to calm down and fall asleep. The best part is that they are songs you will enjoy listening to as well! (At least if you will if you enjoy the 90s songs!) The songs don't have the words they are strictly instrumental.

My favorite adaptation is the one of Champagne Supernova originally by Oasis. This is the song I am most familiar with and I think that JammyJams did a great job turning it into a lullaby. 

I also really liked the version of Friday I'm in Love originally by The Cure. 

When I was little I had a lullaby tape that I loved. I still have it stashed away in my room, although I doubt I will ever have a cassette player again to listen to it with. But I know that if I heard it I would remember every word to those songs. Lullaby tapes make a lasting impression so it is important to find one that a child will love, but also one that a parent can stand to listen to a million times. 

I think that Lullabylooza could be the perfect fit for many families!

Here is some information from the company:

On Lullabylooza: ’90s Alternative Goes Lullaby,  Jammy Jams stage dives into the world of ’90s grunge and alternative music. Lullabylooza takes that dirty, crunchy sound and transforms it into soothing, relaxing lullabies to help you and your little one drift off to la la land.  From heavy hitters likeSoundgarden, Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots to the more melodic side of alternative like Oasis and The Cure…  Jammy Jams covers it all! When baby is restless in the middle of the night and those minutes seem to Creep by, make things Easy, and soothe your baby to sleep with the sounds of Jammy Jams.

Track Listing:

1. Black Hole Sun (originally by Soundgarden)

2. Creep (originally by Stone Temple Pilots)

3. A Girl Like You (originally by Edwyn Collins)

4. Champagne Supernova (originally by Oasis)

5. In The Meantime (originally by Spacehog)

6. Friday I’m In Love (originally by The Cure)

7. Easy (as performed by Faith No More)

8. About A Girl (originally by Nirvana)

9. Possum Kingdom (originally by Toadies)

10. Bird Dream Of The Olympus Mons (originally by Pixies)

You can buy it in either digital format or hard copy by clicking here!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment