ThinkFun Solitaire Chess Brain Fitness Game Review


Hello everyone!


Yesterday I posted a review of ThinkFun's Chocolate Fix game! I really loved it and was lucky enough to get to review a second game by the same company! 


Solitaire Chess is another game that would be perfect for a classroom, but also for a fun game for adults! The game comes with chess pieces, a booklet of different board set ups, a booklet with solutions, and the directions!

Like the chocolate fix game, this game has scaffolded levels. You can start out at the beginning level and work your way up to the advanced. The board tells you where to place your pieces. The object of the game is to use the pieces to knock off other pieces until you only have 1 piece on the board.

Every move that you make must result in the removal of a piece. (All boards are designed so that if the King piece is used it will be the last piece on the board.)

I have never played chess before and I don't know how that game works at all. However, the detailed instructions were able to walk me through the specific movement of each piece so that I could play without any confusion!

I'll admit that I over-thought at first but it was fun to check my answers with the solution booklet to see if I had done it correctly.

This game is for the ages 8-adult- and I really do mean adult! I am 20 and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. It gives you some alone quiet time. I think it is similar to crossword puzzles. A lot of us like a challenge and this game will certainly give one to you!


Here is some information from the company:

Solitaire Chess® Brain Fitness (Ages 8 to adult, single player, MSRP: $19.99)Strategic Skill Building GameThinkFun® Brain Fitness games help keep your mind young and sharp – all through play. Whether you grew up playing chess or can’t tell the difference between a knight and a rook, Solitaire Chess is for you!

If you are a teacher, a student, or an adult who likes puzzles you should really try out ThinkFun's brain fitness games. They are really out of this world! 



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

1 comments :

  1. I also did this campaign and I love Think Fun!
    http://carrottarts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete