My Hampton Beach Vacation

Hey everyone!


I apologize for the lack of posting within the past week- I was away! Each year my family rents a cottage at Hampton Beach in New Hampshire. Hampton is about 45 minutes to an hour away from us- so it isn't a major vacation, but it is one that I look forward to every year! The past two years my Aunt rented a cottage right next to ours and both our families stay there together. I'll admit it does get a little cramped and crowded, but it is worth it!



Our cottage had three bedrooms- my parents shared one, my sister and I shared one, and our boyfriends shared the third. However, they refused to share a bed so my sister's boyfriend Will slept on the futon in the living room! We had a super small bathroom, with the smallest shower known to mankind, and a cute little kitchen as well. We were only a 30 second walk from the beach, and right next to the strip of stores and restaurants! 

We were there from Saturday until today (Monday). (Although my parents went home last night, & my sister and her boyfriend went home the night before that.) We had perfect weather all week long! The sun was hot, there were a few windy days, but overall the weather was absolutely great! 


On the first day Nick decided sunblock wasn't needed because he is a man and men don't need sunblock. It only took one day for him to change his mind on that though and I was rubbing sunblock (and Aloe) on him for the rest of the week. 

The first couple of nights we went out to eat, but Nick cooked meals for the whole two families twice. The first time he cooked he made chicken with broccoli and potatoes, the second night he made home made mac-n-cheese with bacon and broccoli. (He really likes broccoli.) 

Amber, Will, Nick, and I went to the movies one night to see Lets be Cops. We thought it was pretty hilarious. 

On Thursday night my parents took us four kids to a mini-golf place that also had batting cages and go karts! The mini golf was a blast- everyone's competitive side came out of course. Mom, Will, and Amber all got holes in one and they got prizes which was pretty awesome! At the batting cages we all tried it, even mom (although she mostly swung while running away from the ball but she did hit one)! Nick and my dad were trying the super fast ball (70 mph) and dad was hitting every one! Nick wasn't and the guy gave him an extra token to try again- which was super nice of him. He ended up giving everyone an extra token! They were slow that night and my family was bringing them some entertainment I think! Then we went go kart racing! I have never done it before so I was a little nervous but it was a blast. I went at my own pace but watched everyone else race around super fast trying to come in first. Ultimately, my dad won but there were a ton of laughs that day.


The rest of the nights were relaxing. Nick and I took a walk on the beach one night, we watched fireworks a different night, we did a lot of shopping. Saturday night Nick and I played mini golf again at a much smaller place right on the strip next to our cottage. He won despite the fact that I got two holes in one! 

Also- on Sunday I finally got Nick to cave in and get a caricature done with me! I love it- I'm shooting him! How funny is that?

Overall it was a really great vacation. I had so much fun swimming in the giant waves, tanning in the sun, and just hanging out with my family. It was the perfect vacation. I wish it didn't have to end!

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

32 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great vacation! Its always nice to get away with family for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had so much fun! I am jealous! I really miss Hampton Beach summers! I love that caricature! Frame worthy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men can be stubborn, can't they. I hope his sunburn wasn't too bad. Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great family vacation. I love the beach and the go karts and mini golf sound like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the best vacas are those that are super close to home! Awesome that you got to spend with family. Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun trip! Looks like you had a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a man who cooks! Sounds like a wonderful get away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys had a great vacation together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Doing something like renting a cottage would be like one of my dream vacations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the perfect get away to end summer. I've always wanted to see the Hamptons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone needs to apply sunblock and sunscreen. You might not see it but the skin really is getting damaged without the help of these products to protect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to visit the hamptons one day. glad to hear that you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures and looks like tons of fun and rest and relaxation! Woo Hoo My kind of vacation indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some awesome pictures. It looks like you had a great time.

    Michelle F.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember Hamptons from Castle - one of my more liked TV series'
    Looks like a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great vacation time. Will have to check this place out some Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great time! I would love to visit that area.

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like so much fun in there! i am not a beach lover but would love to just go there and sleep on a hammock

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, what a great time you seemed to have! I want to go to the Hamptons some day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you all had an awesome vacation, even if it was so close to home. & I have to tell you, that is one of the best caricature's I've seen in a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, I'm sorry if he got sunburnt. I can hear my older two boys saying something silly like that too (I don't need sunblock, I'm a man ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an amazing vacation, I'm sure you needed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you guys had a great trip! What a beautiful beach!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you guys had a great trip! What a beautiful beach!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like a great and relaxing vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like a fun chance to re-energize! You can't blog if you don't have a chance to live.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Welcome back! You had a great vacation packed with lots of fun events... Next time, invite us along. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovely pics.. seems you had great fun at hampton beach. I loved the last cartoon one pic.. its really cute

    ReplyDelete
  29. Seems like totally an awesome time - it looks like a great beach, too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like a lovely vacation. I'm more than a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete