A Bad Day Turned Good

On Wednesday of last week I had a pretty rough day. The teacher I work with for student teaching had to leave the classroom to cover another room. This should not be a big deal because I take over the classroom all the time. She is always in and out while I teach. But for some reason this day just didn't go well at all.


My class was having an off day. I know that now. But at the time it is hard to separate their behavior from my actions. They were talking throughout the whole lesson. The minute I turned to write something down they would erupt in conversation. They were getting off task very quickly and I could not reign them back in. I tried every technique I know of and nothing worked. Eventually I gave up on the math and said we would go back to it the following day. We broke for snack, and then had to pack up and get ready for P.E. The kids acted as if they had never, ever, packed up for P.E before in their lives. Papers were flying everywhere, students were still eating snack when it was time to leave, it was a complete mess. I had lost my temper a few times and instantly regretted it. 

I finally got them to P.E... late, but we got there. I sat down the the teacher I work with to explain the day. Between the stress of the afternoon, my upcoming take over week, and lack of sleep made me emotional. I ended up crying.

Now this day was so out of character for both the class and me. Up until this moment the class had been wonderful with me. They were excited to have me around and usually respectful towards me when I taught. I know that this day was a fluke but I let it get to me.

I texted Nick right away and explained how horrible I had felt about it, and that I cried. His response: "Want to go to the Bruins?" 

After hearing about my bad day he decided to take me to my very first Bruins game ever! 

I rushed home after my meeting and we headed off to the game. We talked a little bit about my day and he reassured me that my take over week would be fine and to not get too bothered by it. When we got to the game a man pitched us his hip hop CD and he was so funny that Nick gave in and bought it for five dollars. (I paid- and the CD is horrible by the way.) Then we found our seats and I honestly can't remember the last time I had that much fun. The atmosphere at the Garden was unbelievable. I witnessed my first NHL fight, and the Bruins won! On our way out Nick bought me a Bruins hat. 

He turned my entire day around and I was so incredibly happy and grateful. It was a really great night. 

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

25 comments :

  1. Hockey makes EVERYTHING better;) It is my favorite!

    http://www.itzybellababy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. In truth, I have never seen a hockey game, but they do sound quite exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we dont do much hockey over in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad your day had a happy ending. We love going to hockey games even though we don't know the rules. It is just fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's when you really know your man is a winner. When he immediately sets out to make your day better. I'm glad your day took a turn for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never actually been to a hockey game, but heard they are a "must do".....I have also heard how aggressive they are...which sounds like a perfect place to scream and yell...after the day you had! Oh...and sounds like hubby is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love when bad days become good days. I have one of these this week. Makes ya feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that your day went better. I've never been to a hockey game before, looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kids can be so wild sometimes! Maybe it was a full moon?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww sometimes I also cry because of too much stress. It's good that you have someone to turn to for your problems and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you day turned out better! And too funny about the CD

    ReplyDelete
  12. First 'date' I had with my husband was to a Chicago Blackhawks game versus the Vancouver Canucks. Nothing like hockey...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweetie to be looking out for you and to take you out after a bad day! Sounds like a definite keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would have been a rough day but at least it ended well. I always say if one good thing happens in that bad day you can't say you had a bad day. There is always good in everything bad. Thanks for sharing I have never been to a real game before but would love to go to one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That would have been a rough day but at least it ended well. I always say if one good thing happens in that bad day you can't say you had a bad day. There is always good in everything bad. Thanks for sharing I have never been to a real game before but would love to go to one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am happy to hear your bad day was turned around to be a great night. I can not imagine how frustrating it must be to have the whole class behave like that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you had a good time. It's a wonderful thing to have someone in your life that knows how to make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never quite got into hockey. Maybe if I go to a live game I would enjoy it more, like my husband says.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love hockey! One of the first events I went to with the hubs was a Carolina Hurricanes game.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never been to a hockey game, but my best friend loves them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're such a lucky lady! Spoiled too! :) haha

    Well, at least it's not a total bad day.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad your day turned out beautiful. I love it when our spouses or partner's turn our day into a beautiful day after we think we are having a horrible day. I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I ma glad your day turned out well after all. I hope your students won't be like that the next day :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad your day turned out great!! <3

    ReplyDelete