Goodbye Hair!

I have always had long hair. My hair is my favorite feature of mine. It is thick, healthy, usually shiny and soft, as well as long. It is easy to straighten and easy to curl! When I go to hair salons the hair stylists usually are in awe with my hair and love to work with it.

I have had the same hair dresser since my sophomore year of high school. Recently she moved and I haven't been able to schedule an appointment in about a year. It is safe to say my hair got insanely long. It was down to almost my belly button! I kept holding out because I don't like switching hair dressers but it was getting to the point where my hair wasn't flattering anymore. It was long, unshaped, and untamed.

I decided it was time to get it cut. 

My mom found a nice place right in town and made an appointment for me. After getting a little lost I found the salon and walked in. I met my new hair dresser, Sarah, and explained that I needed to cut a good amount off. I explained that I wanted fun choppy layers and a side bangs. She asked if I wanted to donate my hair. Before I had gone in I had been thinking about donating and I decided that I would like to do it. So I said yes.

She put my hair in a few little pony tails and chopped it off. And man was it short. 

She continued to shape it and everyone in the salon was loving it. They thought it was so fun that I was making such a drastic change. It was pretty drastic. She cut off ten inches. Sarah was kicking herself because we didn't take a before and after picture!

When I left the salon I was panicked about how short it was. I got home and cried. I hated it. I thought it made me look younger and my face rounder. Nick immediately exclaimed that he loved it and I was convinced he was just saying that because he knew I was upset.

The next day I styled it myself. (Sarah had flipped the ends in and I didn't like that.) Once I styled it I liked it a little bit more. Each day so far I have loved it a little bit more. 

I am so glad I decided to donate my hair. Not only did I end up with a style that I (now) love, but I made a difference in some one else's life! How awesome is that? 

I chose to donate my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. To find out more about their program click here. 

Even the third graders love my new hair, and third graders are brutally honest. So if they like it, it must be good! 


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

29 comments :

  1. It looks great. My hair is very long, but it's because I have naturally curly hair and always had to keep it long because it curled up by several inches. Even now that I straighten it, I am still traumatized and need to have it long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Third graders are never wrong....about beauty. And what a great story to go with the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cut is gorgeous! I love it! I also have long hair but just got a short cut this weekend and my stylist got a little scissor happy and gave me super short layers! I'm not to upset because I really do love it, it just doesn't look good curly haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful! Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is allot to chop! but you pull it off very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look wonderful! Short hair makes us look younger, well, at least that's what I thought. Nice decision. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful! I love your hair, and I love that someone else out there in need has it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks really great. It is so nice that you decided to donate your hair for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chopping off all of your hair must have been a scary leap to take. You look great, though, and you helped someone in need. Win, win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hair. You chopped it off for a good cause! And you still look really great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks beautiful. My hair is very long too and I hate to cut it but it's almost time for a change. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty haircut! I have super thick, long hair and have been thinking about cutting it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also always have long hair and don't want to cut it short because I know short hair won't fit me. It takes a lot of courage for you to have it chopped off! Whoa. YOu're a brave soul and you look great! :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have short hair, too. I think it's fairly easy to style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're new haircut looks amazing on you! It suits you well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah it looks so cute! I am itching to cut my hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Women are far too attached to their hair. I think your new do suits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the shorter hair on you. I have been considering doing this too

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had never cut my hair until I was 23. I had trims but never had a real drastic change in shortening. Ever since that first cut I couldn't imagine myself with that heavy long hair again. Your hair looks great on you btw.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not a fan of long hair. I always cut my hair because it's easier to manage short and I love being different all possible ways.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had long hair until I was 25 and then did the same thing as you and cut it! Then I kept going! I have had it super short for the last almost 20 years and love it! Looks super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is awesome that you donated your hair. I love your new look indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You rock for donating your locks! I love hearing about people who do that. My hair won't grow long enough for that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Having a long hair is glorious.. but when I had my hair cut short, it's like a totally refreshing experience..

    Nice to know you have donated your hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so glad that you decided to donate your hair. What a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your hair looks fantastic! I am needing a change with my hair. I just ycan't decide what to do with it. I love how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your hair looks great! I wish I could pull off the short hair look.

    ReplyDelete