Amazing Facts About Astronauts Ebook Review

In Massachusetts Science is an extremely important subject. We teach it, we test it (on MCAS) and we want students to become passionate about it. Science is our future (and our past!). One thing that I always like to stress in science is the various types of scientists there are. Introducing these different jobs always peeks a lot of interest and excitement in children. I have seen a huge increase in the number of girls who enjoy science from when I was in school to now. This is a huge accomplishment.

Dan Jackson writes children's books. I have reviewed a few of them: Amazing Facts About Penguins, Animal Tails, I Wish I Were A Lion, I Wish I Were A Shark, and Amazing Facts About The Moon


I also got the chance to review the book "Amazing Facts About Astronauts"! I enjoyed the content of this book a lot. It discussed real-life astronauts, including women. It discussed how to become an astronaut (the requirements), information about space (no gravity), the first astronaut on the moon, and many other interesting facts. I loved that on the first page the author used the term "astronaut" and "cosmonaut". I love the new vocabulary!

I think that this book would be a great way to introduce astronauts to students. I love the range of topics the book touches upon. It doesn't go into to deep detail- but that is perfect for an introductory book! I would probably put this book up on the smart board and read it aloud to the class.

The book had a lot of cartoon images. I wish that there were more real images because being an astronaut is a real thing. I think students will learn a lot, and be more inspired, by photos of real women and men in space. 

I also would have liked the book to touch on some of the work astronauts do on Earth as well! 

Overall though I do find this book to be a good tool for introducing a science unit on space! You can check it out here

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment