Amazing Facts About the Moon Ebook Review!

Kids love space. It is one of those topics that most kids are excited to learn about. Children take books out in the library about it and spew random facts out for days. As a teacher, I love that enthusiasm! 

Dan Jackson writes educational children's books. I have recently reviewed quite a few of them: Amazing Facts About Penguins, Animal Tails, I Wish I Were A Lion, and I Wish I Were A Shark. Most of his books are filled with fun tidbits of information as well as really breathtaking images.

The most recent book that I read by him is "Amazing Facts About The Moon". This book was not a disappointment!



This book had a ton of really great information about the moon including it's temperature, effect on tides, and its distance from the sun. It also included some fun facts about the moon, like how the first movie ever made was about a trip to the moon!

This book would be good for a young reader to read on their own. If I were using this in class I would probably use it as an introduction book to a space unit. I may create a graphic organizer for students to use to help them take notes on. Young students don't understand how to take notes (they usually just copy down word for word), an easy-to-read book like this will take the burden of sounding out words away so children can focus on taking notes.

What I love most about Dan Jackson books are that they are eBooks. This means they can be on iPads, Kindles, Laptops, the smartboard, computer, projector, etc. If the school or home has this technology students can practice using it easily with these books. It is always fun to mix up the different types of texts we read, whether it be a hard copy book, ebook, or audio book! Children love to mix it up! 

Once again the images in this book are breathtaking- but it is hard to find pictures of the moon that aren't stunning! I highly recommend this book to both parents and teachers! 

Check it out here

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment