Bulgarian Lavender Hand and Body Lotion by Desert Essence Review

It snowed here in Massachusetts last night- and it actually stuck to the ground. Winter has a lot of wonderful things: holidays, snow days, beauty, hot chocolate, and warm fires. However it also comes with a lot of dreadful things: icy roads, power outages, and dry skin! The cold brisk air always has a horrible effect on my skin and I am constantly on the lookout for lotions to help save my skin!

Desert Essence's Bulgarian Lavender Hand & Body Lotion does just that! A few weeks ago I noticed my skin was getting dry (mostly my hands and legs). So I started to treat it right then and there to keep it from getting worse! I was lucky enough to get this lotion in exchange for a review so I decided to give it a shot.


I absolutely love the smell of the lotion. I am a huge lavender fan. Lavender is so relaxing, it helps me calm down and it also helps me sleep! I put the lotion on at night after I shower. It helps soothe my legs after shaving and then it helps moisturize for the upcoming day. I noticed that a little lotion goes a long way! Some lotions I find that I need a lot of in order to notice any difference- not this one! I take a nickel-sized amount for each leg and I am good to go! I love that because it means that I won't run out of the lotion super quick!

Something unique about Desert Essence is that their products are both vegan and gluten free! I don't need either of these things but there are so many people who can't even touch gluten. I never thought that lotions could be a problem for them! Desert Essence took that into consideration and offers a wonderful product to people who really need it! 

This company also uses windmill power to help reduce their use of energy! How cool is that? 

Here is some information about the product from the company:

  • 100% vegan and wheat/Gluten Free
  • Cruelty Free
  • Biodegradable
  • Manufactured using windmill power
  • No: parabens, sodium Laurly/Laureth Sulfates, phthalates, artificial fragrances or colors, silicones, EDTA, glycol or petroleum based ingredients
  • Is an organic lotion that calms the skin and senses
  • Bulgarian Lavender Essential Oil: steam distilled from Lavender grown in Bulgaria, this flower has a sweeter smell than traditional lavender and has a reputation for being able to aid in healing of the skin
Overall I am in love with this lotion and highly recommend it! It is great for a friend or family member with a gluten intolerance, but it also a great stocking stuffer for any girl who loves her lotions!

You can buy it by clicking here for only $8.99!

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

2 comments :

  1. I agree with that winter has a lot of amazing things and unfortunately we have to moisturize our bodies, I'll try to find something like your lotion in my country :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like it smells great! Unfortunately when my hands are really dry things with fragrances really make them worse. This one might actually be ok because it doesn't have all that extra stuff.

    ReplyDelete