CD Slot Mount For Smartphones Review

Texting and driving is extremely dangerous. We have all seen the commercials, watched the laws get passed, and heard horrible stories on the news. But what a lot of people don't realize is that just by picking up your phone to check who texted you, or to look at the google map app, you are causing a major distraction.

In Massachusetts reading or sending a text is breaking the law. Yet it is so difficult for us to ignore it when we see our phone light up, hear the ding, or hear the vibrate. That is why we are told to keep them away or off. But I know that many of us use our smartphones for music in the car, I know I do. Which makes it difficult to ignore those beeps and vibrates. 

Even using Siri can be difficult because you have to press and hold that center button in order for it to activate. That 30 second process could end your life.

That is why I have been wanting a mount for my smartphone. It makes it a lot easier to use siri and the radio, but it also keeps me from grabbing at my phone in the cup holder, glancing, and then putting it back. (A 45 second but deadly process.) I also use the google maps feature a lot because I get easily lost. Using this map feature is hard when I have to hold it and drive at the same time. It is also pretty dangerous.



So I have been in desperate need of something to hold my phone up for me. That is why I was so excited when I got the chance to review this awesome phone mount

There are a ton of really cool features of this product that I like. The first thing is that it inserts into the CD player. This is convenient for me because I don't really use CDs. I also love that it isn't sticking to my windshield because I know that my old GPS used to always fall off, it also blocks a portion of the road and creates blind spots! Those are two things that I would really like to avoid with my phone mount because my phone is fragile and blind spots are really inconvenient (and dangerous by the way). So when I saw that this mount wouldn't create a blind spot, and secured tightly I was extremely impressed.

I also love that this mount adjusts to the size of the phone. I currently have the iPhone 6. In order to open it up to the right size I simply pressed a button and the mount widened for my phone. I then placed my phone in the mount pressed in the sides and voila! It fit perfectly! It also has little pegs that hold the phone up from the bottom so that it doesn't slide out!

The mount is adjustable so that you can change the angle it is at, the rotation, anything! It is a super versatile mount.

Now when I am driving I can press the siri button quickly and then talk to Siri without needing my hands at all. I can also quickly glance at a phone call or text without taking my hands or eyes off the wheel! 

I have been in love with this product ever since I got it and can't imagine ever getting rid of it. I use it every time I'm in my car. It is an automatic thing now when I get in. I sit down put my keys in the ignition put my phone in the mount then I put my seatbelt on and I head out!

I highly recommend this mount for anyone who uses their phone for navigation, radio, or tends to peek at their screen when they are driving! It is a great gift for a tech lover or a teenager! I personally believe it makes a huge difference in driving safety and convenience! Check it out here! 




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

30 comments :

  1. I was just telling my husband that I wanted one of these the other day actually. It sounds so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. What a great way to go hands free. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! I just got a new phone and need a handsfree unit because I live in NY and cellphone tickets suck ;-) going to have to look into this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handy device to have! stops accidents too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's SO hard to find a spot to put a cell phone. I'm surprised new cars haven't addressed that yet (although that would technically be supporting a phone in use, so maybe they shouldn't.) However, it's for GPS that I need mine visible so this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally a use for the old cd player ;) I admit to always having my phone in my hand while I'm driving. I don't really text much, but I just like having the phone right there to look at if I need it. This mount would be perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol Cd players.. who has them laying around.. but now at least there is a use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of a mount for my phone that is not attached to the windshield. I do use my CD player tho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a phone mount. Keeps the driver hands free and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have something similar in our cars for our phones and love it. It makes life SO much easier, especially when listening to directions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having a mount for the smartphone is really a necessary for people who are always busy with hands and always on the go. It's a lifesaver for me in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bad thing about that is keeping your eyes on the road and the temptation not too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should have one of this. Just keeping out of danger.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really great. I could use one for my car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Texting and driving is a sensitive subject for me. I get so bloody angry when I see someone on the phone next to me, or even texting. I think the damn text messages can wait 10-15 minutes, really. My husband cycles about 1 and a half hours to work every day and multiple times this summer he's had a close call with another vehicle, especially ones running red lights as they skim through their phone. It drives me absolutely insane, and I don't know why there isn't a more forceful strict rule on it. If I was a cop - lettttttt me tell you. Every dang person would be getting a ticket from me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you can't help it, at least have this in your car.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's helpful. I need a phone mount, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great device to have, I love listening to my favorite songs in the car. I still need to learn how to use my iPhone thou hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  20. haha! So cool - I think we all need a phone mount

    ReplyDelete
  21. Reaching over to look at the GPS distracts me. I wish I could just listen to the instructions and not feel like I have to see the screen too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. About to go on Amazon right now and look for a phone mount. Thank you for this article. Put an idea into my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is something my dad could use a phone mount for his truck. It would make a great gift for him. Thanks for sharing and giving my a gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a phone mount which is great for my GPS. I did get pulled over once though for using it since it's still considered a handheld device, which sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is really cool! Now I can be hands free and still keep that GPS going!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I need one of these! Hands free is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great device to make your smartphone handsfree!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to have one of those. It's always so tempting to check my phone when it beeps.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've been thinking about getting a phone mount. This one looks like a great choice. Safety first when driving around precious cargo.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I could totally use this mount! I love that it inserts into the CD player. How unique!

    ReplyDelete