I Wish I Were A Lion Ebook Review

Did you know that lions are born blind? Once their eyes develop they become five times as sharp as humans. 

Well I didn't.

I learned this from the Ebook "I Wish I Were A Lion" by Dan Jackson. I have reviewed books by this author before and overall I really enjoy them. As a teacher I find these books to be interesting, quick to read, and informative. Previously I have reviewed Animal Tails and Amazing Facts About Penguins. 




What I love most about this book though is that it is written so simply that students could almost reproduce it. "I wish I were a lion. . . I would be the king of the jungle." Under each sentence Jackson lists a couple of facts about lions that coincide with the sentence.

As usual the pictures are beautiful in this book. Lions are majestic animals and pictures of them are always breath taking. Children also love lions- so it is a great topic to hold their interest!

As a teacher I am always looking for creative projects. I can imagine my future students researching animals and writing an "I Wish I Were a _______" book. We could read Jackson's book as a model and then students could create their own! It allows them to be creative but also to be researching and forming important ideas.

I do wish this book was written with a more sophisticated style. The book has the sentence and then bullet points underneath each sentence. I think it is important for children to read informational texts that are more rigorous than bulleted facts.

However, if used the right way I think this book could be beneficial in a classroom! (Probably grades K - 2.) 

If you are interested in getting this eBook for your kids or classroom click here!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment