IBbeautiful Subscription Box Review

My tween years were extremely awkward. (Actually my tween through late teen years were all pretty awkward.) I spent a lot of time wishing I were like other girls and not fully believing in myself. I envied the prettier girls in my town, I envied celebrities, and meanwhile I didn't like myself. I ended up in a relationship in high school that kept me down more than it rose me up and I stayed in it because of my insecurities.

I wish I could say that I was the only young girl to ever experience those feelings, but sadly I can't and I'm not. These days most, if not all, girls have a period of time where they feel extremely insecure about their bodies, personalities, likes/dislikes, etc. There are so many pressures for women to be skinny but not just bones, outgoing but not obnoxious, obedient but individual, hard working but not controlling, curvy but not fat, sporty but not butch, etc. Any young girl who is trying to be all of these things is bound to fail. It just isn't possible.

Throughout my life there have been many movements to support young girls' mental health and confidence. I have seen many commercials now featuring "real women" or women with "no makeup" on. I love these campaigns, but honestly there aren't enough of them to undo all of the damage that has already been done.

That is why I love when there are new things being promoted and offered to young girls. IbBeautiful is a subscription box that is marketed towards a younger demographic. They focus on raising the confidence and empowering young women to be all that they can be! Personally- I would have loved this as a kid. 


Their mission statement:
 iBbeautiful's mission is to help young girls realize they are beautiful just as they are without comparisons to how others look or act.  We do this by offering a monthly box of inspiration that includes fun lifestyle items and a message of empowerment to help young girls be confident, smart, brave, unique and kind.  Every girl should be confident that she will become the woman she is meant to be and can achieve anything she sets her mind to.

I received a November IbBeautiful box to review and I think it is a super cute and fun way for girls to celebrate being girls! IbBeautiful has two subscription options: the first is the basic box which is $20 a month, or the graphic tee box which is $30 a month. Each box comes with 4 to 6 items, the difference is that the graphic tee box has a graphic tee! You can also select whether you want a box for girls ages 8- 12, or ages 13 and up!

The box I got had 6 items in it and was worth $54.50 without the cost of the t-shirt included! The items were extremely cute and I can see them making a young girl happy.

The first item is a super cute Two;s Company Ugg Lip Gloss. This item is worth $7. Uggs have been a very popular boot now for quite a few years and personally I don't see this trend going anywhere. In my hometown it is extremely popular to wear these boots with leggings, jeans, shorts, dresses- anything! They are all the rage. This cute little lip gloss pays homage to that trend and would look super cute on a key chain! 

The second item in the box was Flappy Mittens ($14). Gone are the days where you have to take off your mitten to send a text or scroll through facebook. With these mittens you can simply take off just the tips of the glove to text! This way their palms will stay warm and only the fingertips are exposed. 

The third item is a curly eraser pencil ($1). I remember these pencils from the book fairs I went to in elementary school. It is always fun to have different kinds of school supplies. They add a little fun to what might be a boring class or assignment!

The fourth item (and my favorite one) is a pink house suede buckle bracelet ($15). This bracelet is super cute and comfortable to wear. I like it because it is different from most of the jewelry that I have been seeing lately! 


The fifth item was a felt tote ($14). I would probably use this to store erasers, lunch money, lip gloss, etc. in middle school. I'd keep it right in my bag so I would have it with me at all times. The little lion on it is super cute!



The last item in the box brings me back to when I was 5 or 6 years old- the stretch tattoo chocker ($3.50). I remember when these were extremely popular and were in all of the movies and TV shows. I am so glad to see that they are making a come back!


In my box I also got a graphic tee. This tee has the word "wish." crossed out and underneath it, it says "Be." I think that this is a wonderful message for young girls. IbBeautiful is telling girls that instead of wishing you were like Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande, or the girl in your history class you should just be you. Everyone wishes they were like someone else, and that just isn't right! We should be supporting each other (and ourselves) instead of being jealous or negative. The Tee came with a card that explains the message of the t-shirt and letting girls know that each and every one of us is unique and that we should treasure that!


Overall I think this box is really special. It is definitely something that I would recommend mothers get for their daughters. It is always good to remind our young ladies how important they are, and that they are beautiful the way that they are. A little reminder and support can go a long way! 

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

27 comments :

  1. I love the gloves! I always prefer to wear ones like those so my hands can be warm, but I can still use my fingers to do things such as text!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat box!!! Loving the ugh lip gloss!! Way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new sub box I just heard.. seems like the have good items to give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at all the goodies in there. I might sign up for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of cool stuff for girls in the box. I'm sure any girl would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everybody deserves a shot of confidence. It's nice that there are campaigns on the proper notion of beauty. This subscription box should empower one to boost their self esteem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great goodies! I love those gloves such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are lots of great items in one box. I especially liked the curly eraser pencil. It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a good box to try. I have been looking for a great box to get for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a lot of great stuff in this box. I really like the felt tote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the message of the ¨Wish, Be¨ tee shirt. The idea behind this subscription box is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The items are truly pretty! What a great box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love subscription boxes! All the items there look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a t-shirt person, so that's my favorite part. These boxes are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute box! And I hear you on the self-esteem thing. I have a daughter who is a Sophomore in high school and sometimes she's struggling with really appreciating who she is, uniquely and wonderfully on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a bunch of fun products. I loved getting beauty boxes in the mail, have not bought this brand though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a really neat box, I have a tween daughter who is pretty confident and embraces her inner and outer differences. I raised her that way and it has stuck so far, but this middle school year is proving to be a very difficult year. I cannot wait for this age to pass and hope that she learns so much. I would love to try to get this box for her, I bet she would love it and review it on her own blog. I will have to go look now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a really good concept, a lot of kids both boys and girls go through these ideals that they have to be someone else to impress others; it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous goodies you got there. And I love their mission. Thumb's up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE getting things in the mail! What an awesome box. That little necklace reminds me of the 90's. Aw, nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What cool things in this box! I especially LOVE the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is a totally cute idea. Love love.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love their mission statement and the contents of the box you go. The Uggs boots are so cute I need to get new ones for this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks like a super fun sub box. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love subscription boxes! They're a fun way to discover new brands and products. I have never heard of this company, though. Love those gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice care package for young ladies. I really like their mission statement as well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cool! I know it's geared to tweens but is it bad that I want that graphic tee?

    ReplyDelete