Thanksgiving

The holiday season is a time for reflection. We think about the year that we had and can be thankful for it. It is important to reflect on both the good and the bad because they both get you to where you are today. I have a lot to be thankful for, yet I find myself upset about a few things that are keeping me from having my usual holiday cheer. So I figured it would be good to reflect this morning on what I am thankful for this past year.

1. First and foremost I am thankful for my family. We are loud, crazy, a little disfunctional, but we love each other. I know that I can go to my mother or sister with absolutely anything and they will listen. My sister usually sides with me and is a good person to go to when I need someone to say "You're right!" My mother is a more calming influence who can help me see things from a different perspective. My dad is always there for a laugh and a hug when I need one. I am thankful, too, for my extended family. I have a great group of cousins that I get to see often. I have wonderful memories with them and many more to be made. I am also thankful for everyone's health and the time that we have spent together this past year.

2. I am thankful for my friends, new and old. Moving back home to Westford was a quick decision for me. But as the year has gone on I felt lonely away from college life. When things go wrong I don't have my best friends in the same suite as me, I don't even have them in the same town! But they are always there to hear me out- whether I text them or call them. I am so thankful for their support and help through everything. Not just this past year but for all of the years that I've known them. I am thankful for reconnecting with friends that I lost touch with. I am thankful for brand new friends that I have made. I couldn't get through life without these people.

3. My student teaching experience has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my whole life. I have gotten to know 21 children deeply and impact their lives. I get to laugh every day, teach them, and learn from them. These 21 kids will forever be in my heart as my first class- even though they aren't really mine! I am also so thankful for my SP, the teacher I work with. She welcomed me into her classroom with open arms and has guided me to being a great teacher. I am so blessed to have gotten the chance to work with her.

4. I am thankful for me. I think that on the holidays people forget this one. It is important that we recognize ourselves too. We wouldn't be where we are without making choices, growing, being open to new experiences. So with all of that in mind, I am thankful for my health and my choices. I am thankful for the work ethic that I have and for the motivation that has become so strong within me this past year. I am thankful for the confidence that I am building each and every day. 

5. I am thankful for you- whoever is reading this. My blog has grown a lot since it started in May. I am so thankful for anyone who takes the time to read, comment, or share a post. It means a lot to me! 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful time with family!

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment