Brain Fitness Knot So Fast Review

If you read my blog you know I am a huge fan of the company ThinkFun. They create awesome games for children that are educational and fun! I have reviewed quite a few of their games in the past and each one is wonderful. As a teacher ThinkFun is a company that I feel comfortable bringing into my classroom for quiet time or indoor recess. Their games help students think on a deep level! The games are also scaffolded with beginner to expert levels so they are perfect for children at all different learning stages!




The most recent game that I have gotten to review is the Knot So Fast game. This game comes with a rope, a metal ring, and a booklet of knot challenges. Now I don't typically tie knots. I tie my shoes and the occasional regular knot every now and then but I never learned any fancy knots. So when I tried this game out I was definitely a beginner.



The booklet has images of the knot that you should make. Each picture includes the name of the knot, a description of what the knot is used for and the level. They don't give you step-by-step instructions, just the picture.



I think that this game would be great for students who have trouble with fine motor skills. You really have to pay attention to what you are doing with your hands and the movements are small and precise. It could be a great activity to help strengthen those skills that so many people struggle with.

Personally I found this game hard. Maybe it is because I am just not good at tying knots, but I think it is because I had trouble figuring out the pictures. I am not really a visual learner and I learn better with concrete instructions, however this would be a great tool to help become a more visual learner!

Once again ThinkFun has come up with a game that I will love to keep in my classroom for quiet times. It is hands-on, challenging, and also fun. It feels great to finally get the knot after trying for so long. As a teacher I am all for it, and as a person I think it is great! It is a fun game to exercise your brain with- perfect for all ages!

Check it out on their website! It is only $14.99 and would make a great holiday for any child or adult who loves a challenge! 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment