It has been a while

I haven't been writing on here lately. I finished my student teaching and took some time for me. I needed time to relax and enjoy being around my family and friends during the holidays. Between student teaching and this blog I was feeling extremely overwhelmed and lost a bit of my sanity. I was over-thinking, over-stressed, and pushing people away. Now that I have had some time to relax and focus on my loved ones I am ready to come back to the blog.

But not in the same way as before.

My blog has been a review blog. I do love trying out new products and sharing my thoughts, but when I started this blog I wanted to make it about my life experiences. I wanted to document my student teaching experience and I didn't do that at all. I made one or two posts about it and the rest of my blog was focused on products. Once I catch up on product reviews, this blog will become what it was intended to be- a blog about my life, my thoughts, and my experiences. That will include product reviews, but not to the extent that I had been doing them.

I apologize to any readers for being absent for so long. I really just needed some me time. But these past few weeks away from the blog and school have taught me a lot. Life, although it is the longest thing any of us will experience, it is still too short.

I am not going to go a stereotypical New Years rant about how to make life count and matter. We all know that we want our lives to amount to something.

I am not going to write a big motivational speech to inspire you to go out and get what you want. If you want to do something you need to motivate yourself.

I am not going to tell you that this year will be different, because I am not a fortune teller.

I don't believe in the hype surrounding the new year. I believe that if someone is unhappy with their life they should make an immediate change and not rely on the new year being the reason for it. The reason for a change should just be because you aren't happy with the way things are. So I am not going to write a big post about how I have learned a lot throughout 2014 and that I will use this information to make 2015 better. January 1, 2015 is just another day. Every day is a new beginning. So don't make a new year's resolution, make a goal. Make a measurable, time-specific goal, and have a plan to make it work. And if it isn't working out don't look at it as a failed new year's resolution attempt, change the goal and keep going. We should be trying to better ourselves every single day. Not just the beginning of each year.

I will be writing again soon, but I leave for a ten day trip to England on January 5th. So I will continue to be MIA.

I apologize, and happy new year.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment